AEJMC VisCom is the visual communication division of the Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication, the international association for educators, researchers and media professionals. AEJMC VisCom’s mission is to promote the highest possible standards for media arts education, and to encourage and recognize exemplary creativity activity and visual communication research.
The division members represent a broad spectrum of methodology and application on all types of visual media—advertising, broadcast, digital imaging, film, graphic design, multimedia, Web design, app design, computational journalism, photojournalism, propaganda images, human-centered design, visual images and culture, visual literacy, and visual aspects of political campaigns, etc.
The division publishes Visual Communication Quarterly and hosts the annual Best of the Web competition with the Communication Technology Division, the AEJMC logo competition, the Creative Projects competition, and student and faculty research paper competitions.
Why join AEJMC and the VisCom Division?
- It’s the largest and most prestigious international, nonprofit organization for visual communication educators and media professionals.
- A chance to network and form friendships with visual communication peers.
- To participate in the valuable mentoring program.
- For a free subscription to the division’s top-notch research journal, Visual Communication Quarterly.
- To stay on top of current research in visual communication.
- For access to visual communication faculty job openings worldwide.
Download the VisCom Division brochure to learn more.