Hello VisCom Division Members,
Next year’s AEJMC convention will take place in Washington D.C., Renaissance Hotel, August 8-11, 2013.!
Our panels, I believe, in Chicago were well organized and attended, timely and beneficial to us, visual educators. Let ‘s take this momentum and continue forward.
You have great ideas. We need to hear from you about panel ideas, such as freedom of expression using visual images, new ways of analyzing visual data, effective ways of teaching visual journalism, social media, content delivery, mobile devices, multimedia, user interactivity, journalism’s future and many, many more visual topics.
Please submit your ideas through this form: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?fromEmail=true&formkey=dHNZZU9oa05xSElmWkJFQ2szU3ZKNVE6MQ
In the form, you are asked to write what kind of panel you propose (Research, Teaching or Professional Freedom & Responsibility), whether there are any possible co-sponsors, what the panel is about, etc. The deadline for the panel submissions is October 8, 2012 (Monday).
For your reference, I put the panel sessions that Viscom offered in the Chicago conference:
• Refereed Paper Research Session: Top Research Paper Panel
• Research Scholar to Scholar Session
• Refereed Paper Research Session: Creative Projects
• Refereed Paper Research Session: Exploring Bias and Ethics in the Visual Field
• Research Panel Session: Analysis of Visuality Using Q Methodology Refereed Paper Research Session: Digital Images and Networked Communication
• Refereed Paper Research Session: Visual Rhetoric and Framing: New Considerations
• Panel: Las Vegas Religion: Exploring Sacred and Secular Media in Sin City (VisCom & Religion)
• Panel: Documenting the Arab Spring (Electronic News & VisCom)
• Pre-Conference Workshop: Pre-Con Workshop: Final Cut or Adobe Premiere: Which One to Use? How To Teach It? (VisCom & Electronic News)
• The Male Gaze Revisited (Cultural and Critical Studies & VisCom)
• Teaching Marathon (Magazines & VisCom)
• Curated Journey: iPad and Tablet Narrative (VisCom & Magazine)
• The Best of the Web (VisCom & ComTec)
• Teaching with Technology: Learning Concepts in the Face of Challenging Software (ComTec & VisCom)
I am looking forward to your panel proposal.
This is just a call for panel proposals, not research papers.
Vice-head for Viscom