Design a logo for the AEJMC 2019 Conference in Toronto
Student entries are being accepted for the official conference logo, which will appear on conference and promotional materials. The winning student will receive $100.
A logo entered in the contest should represent the diversity of AEJMC and also visually suggest “Toronto” The logo should communicate immediately, effectively and be memorable.
The logo design entries must be designed using a solid black tone on a white background. After a winning logo is selected, AEJMC reserves the right to add color later to the winning logo.
The deadline for submitting entries is March 31, 2018.
A logo entered in this competition must:
- include the following typographic elements: AEJMC August 2019 Toronto. (No other typographic elements can be added to the logo entries for this contest.)
- include AEJMC as an integral part of the logo.
- be legible and effective when scaled for different executions, i.e., program book cover, nametags, promotional material, social media, screens and print.
- retain a sense of balance and internal integrity when typographical elements are removed.
- reflect the diversity of interests within AEJMC
- be reproducible in solid tones using one color (black). No tints, no blends, no gradations are allowed.
- NOT INCLUDE COPYRIGHTED ARTWORK. This means no clip‐art. All elements must be student creations.
For a logo entry to be eligible, entrants are required to submit their logo entry as both an EPS file (.eps) and as a JPEG file (.jpg). The JPEG version of the logo must be identical to the EPS version in terms of design, dimensions, proportion, etc.
The EPS version must have all of its type converted to outlines. The EPS file format is required because it is a vector based format that provides better reproduction.
The file names must bear the first initial and last name of the entrant (for example: rSmithLogo1.eps and rSmithLogo1.jpg).
Entries must be the work of students enrolled in classes taught by AEJMC members.
Each school may enter a maximum of 10 logos per design instructor who are AEJMC members. The logos must be submitted by a faculty sponsor for the school’s entries for this AEJMC logo contest.
Faculty sponsors must also include a list of file names (such as: UGAentrants.doc) with the entrants’ names, addresses, and e‐mail addresses, plus their own full contact information (office phone, address, etc.) Winners should be notified before May 15, 2018.
ENTRIES MUST BE SUCCESSFULLY UPLOADED NO LATER THAN 11:59 p.m. PDT, March 31, 2018.
Please upload each logo entry’s EPS (.eps) and JPEG (.jpg) files to AEJMC 2018 Logo Competition Chair Russell B. Williams at: email@example.com
Questions regarding the 2019 logo competition may be sent to Russell at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Students unfamiliar with the Association of Education in Journalism and Mass Communication, can learn more at http://www.aejmc.org
Recent logo competition winners:
AEJMC Washington, D.C. August 2018 conference logo, designed by Paige Heidorf, University of Kentucky, Faculty Advisor: Adriane Grumbein
AEJMC Chicago August 2017 conference logo, designed by Peter Smith, University of Kentucky, Faculty Advisor: Adriane Grumbein
AEJMC Minneapolis August 2016 conference logo, designed by Ethan Irelander, VCU Faculty Advisor: Scott Sherman
AEJMC San Francisco August 2015 conference logo, designed by Marc Goetti, Hawai‘i Pacific University, Faculty Advisor: Brian Cannon